Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic
environment, share our success!
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Then look no further and join the R&D team near Salzburg, Austria as
Manager Vision Systems & Software Engineering (m/w/x) 100%
What you will do
The Manager Vision Systems & Software Engineering will be responsible for building and maintaining cutting edge technology products to grow and maintain system platforms in the life sciences with focus on life cell imaging applications. The candidate will be working with global, multidisciplinary engineering and scientific teams to achieve program deliverables.
Responsibilities will include
- Management responsibility for the R&D software team (design, development, verification, tools & test-automation) and external consultants.
- Leading and steering the team of vision system experts (image processing, deep learning, algorithm development).
- Ensuring research and development activities achieve the set objectives and are delivered with expected quality according to Tecan processes in the defined timeframe and cost.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with internal and external development partners.
- Strong background in the design, implementation, and documentation of new SW features and functionality in environments with C#/WPF/.NET framework.
What you bring along
- Master’s Degree in SW Engineering, Computer Science, or adequate evidence of knowledge in object-oriented software development; PhD preferred
- 10+ years of software engineering industry experience
- 5+ years of experience leading R&D software teams
- Strong background in software architecture and development
- Know-how in machine learning / deep learning / computer vision methods
- Experience in developing machine learning solutions in a computer-vision context
- Knowledge of SW development in regulated markets (IVD) and know-how in relevant regulations (IEC 62304 / ISO 13485) preferred
- Competence in biological sciences preferred
What you will get
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Extremely attractive location in the enchanting mountains in the Salzburger Land
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
#lifescience #engineering #biotechnology #development #softwareengineering #visionsystems #management #imageprocessing
We care about people - Join the market leader People every day all around the world will benefit from more personalized healthcare. The promise of better, faster, more cost efficient solutions is now within our grasp. And that’s the world in which Tecan plays a vital role – helping advance healthcare – through advanced life science research and diagnostic solutions. We constantly seek new ways to steer innovation.
Every lab. Every day. Empowered. Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support.
We care about our culture. Our values – trust, highest standards and ambition – are the cornerstones of our business, and give us the framework for the Tecan culture. We foster a positive and empowering environment, which allows us to bring our passion and energy to work. This helps us to deliver on our customer promise – ‘Always there for you’.
Always there for you